RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

computer monitoring on 1/4 scale engines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark

PostSubject: computer monitoring on 1/4 scale engines   Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Does anyone have a computer on board your car to monitor engine temps, exhaust temps ect.. I am interested in a system call the Mychron 4. After runs you can plug the info the computer took during races and tuning runs. I've seen a couple of them on 1/4 scale sprint cars, and 1/4 scale stock cars.

They aren't cheap and I'm sure there are other systems out there. Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
carnutbill67
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: computer monitoring on 1/4 scale engines   Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:49 pm

I didnt know they made such a thing but if they have sensors small enough it would be really cool to measure driveshaft and wheel rpm like the 1:1 drag cars do. Great tuning aid to measure tire spin.
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: computer monitoring on 1/4 scale engines   Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 pm

The one's that I have seen on 1/4 scale cars are the same one's used on kart racing and motorcycle racing. They multiple sensors that will fit Zenoha engines ect..
Back to top Go down
Disco_Stu
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: computer monitoring on 1/4 scale engines   Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:05 pm

HI Guys,
I have had some experience in setting up and running MyChron4 as we ran them on our TZ125 road race bikes. Easy to do cylinder head temp and rpm but it gets harder after that.

They use gps for the speed, acceleration and track map functions to log more things like shaft speed, wheel speed, tps, etc you need to go to an expansion box and sensors.

A Mychron4 2T gives you 2 temp inputs so you could do cylinder head temp and exhaust gas temp. Both useful for tuning, but either one is usually enough.

There is a new dash out called the Solo but I have only looked at it on the website.

Stuart

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: computer monitoring on 1/4 scale engines   

Back to top Go down

computer monitoring on 1/4 scale engines
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1