RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PTModIT

PostSubject: Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.   Tue May 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi, I'am looking for info on the RACO diff. I have 4 now and I would like to know how to set them up.Should the 8 bolts be tight ot snug? Should you be able to turn the outdrives by hand before installing it?And What type of lube to use if different from the solid axle?I couldnt wait any longer for a answer from another site that I put in some LUCAS oil additive.I seems to stick nicely to the gears.The setup is foremost. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/#!/grimbly.guitars
vwguru75

PostSubject: Re: Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.   Wed May 25, 2011 1:13 am

I had one years ago and I believe you had to set the screws just so tight. I know the one I had was full of shims and thrust bearings but I'll be honest.............I don't remember what I did to make it work well. Hopefully someone will chime in with info for you that's more solid. From what I remember I used grease ( super lube ) and no oil. This was in a Rabbit and it handled well with road tires.
Back to top Go down
CALracing

PostSubject: Re: Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.   Wed May 25, 2011 6:05 am

The case screws go tight but they are in a plastic housing to they will strip out. I have solid axels in mine and they turn freely, I also use the grease from a grease gun as I have fittings on one side of the cases. Geoff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.   Wed May 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Geoff, did you pack the whole rear end full of grease when you put yours together. I have a grease fitting on mine also, but it is on the side wich is a long way from the gear. I guess i will have to sit it on its side and hope grerase falls on the gear. I did put plenty on it when i put it together. Roger.
Back to top Go down
PTModIT

PostSubject: Re: Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.   Wed May 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Sorry guys, I didn't realize this was strictly a drag racing forum.When I mention DIFF I wasn't talking about the whole gearbox but the spur gear attached to a limited slip diff inside the gearbox. When you hold 1 wheel the other will still turn. Sorry about the confusion.This DIFF must of been a rare option back then.I think they were made in Germany.Someone has to have info. I'll keep looking .Thank you........... and thanks Roger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/#!/grimbly.guitars
CALracing

PostSubject: Re: Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.   Thu May 26, 2011 6:24 am

Roger Mine sits by the gear but I did coat the gears during rebuild. When are we going to see pics of the rail. Sorry I could not help with the diff, I've only heard of those one time before and have never seen one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.   

Back to top Go down

Info please on the Optional RACO Diff.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1