RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

got an fg and could use some help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yjblitz

PostSubject: got an fg and could use some help   Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 pm

ok like the title says I got an fg monster truck converted to stadium truck, now the fun starts. Being that this is my first fg and I have no clue where to start w/ upgrades................it already has front mech. brakes, 813 carb and some alum. parts I was thinking of getting the alum. motor mounts and tires to start .............any help you guys can give me would be great (like what I should get and where I can get it)
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Just to be clear, you are setting this up for drag racing correct?

yjblitz

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:55 pm

yes sir approx. 330ft
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 pm

yjblitz wrote:
yes sir approx. 330ft

Well then you are in the right place

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
yjblitz

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:09 pm

anybody anything
Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 pm

get rid of the 813 carb junk 668 or 257... alloy front hubs a must u only need the aloy big engin mount a dominator pipe and a 2 speed and a good motor and some gears for the 2speed...
Back to top Go down
yjblitz

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:32 pm

whats the diffrance between the carbs I thought the 813 was an upgrade to the 668 and Ive never tried a 257 where would I get a 257
Back to top Go down
Miami Vice FG

PostSubject: Gizmomotors   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:36 pm

yjblitz wrote:
whats the diffrance between the carbs I thought the 813 was an upgrade to the 668 and Ive never tried a 257 where would I get a 257

Gizmomotors.com Has the 257wt for $30 and modded for $50
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 pm

257 flows a bit more fuel.

Here is a few FG part numbers you should pick up....

6416/08 front tires
6418/08 rear tires
7450 2 speed
7456 2 speed carrier (good spares) you can also drill 3 more holes to add more shifting pins.
8450/01 front brakes
1411 alloy uprights

I always remove the entire rear brake set up on the FG.

Also Davesmotors has a clearance sale on the FG top end pipe, originally $159.99 for black finish, now $119
Link found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can find these parts from some of the sponsors found on our website to the right of the screen.
Make sure you use the 5% discount code for members here.

Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:43 pm

first off what motor are u using..before u go carb crazy..
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Levi133 wrote:
first off what motor are u using..before u go carb crazy..

Yup, I would not use it on a stock unported motor.

yjblitz

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:19 pm

the motor I was looking at is the new BZM motor there making but its up in the air for now ....... the fastest guy w/ an fg in my area has a custom ported 30.5 4 bolt ........by custom I mean there's a local guy that ports and builds motors for the boat guys and also some car guys................
Back to top Go down
Miami Vice FG

PostSubject: I thought   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 pm

yjblitz wrote:
the motor I was looking at is the new BZM motor there making but its up in the air for now ....... the fastest guy w/ an fg in my area has a custom ported 30.5 4 bolt ........by custom I mean there's a local guy that ports and builds motors for the boat guys and also some car guys................

I thought That fastest guy out there was a 29.5 ported by Cp mods
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 am

yjblitz wrote:

The 257 seems like a perfect carb for a reed motor, but without anyone trying the 257 on the BZM, you will be the first to try it.
But to be honest get the motor first worry about which carb later.

Last edited by NYCDragRacer on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcburnout.com
Miami Vice FG

PostSubject: The people that do   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:17 am

The people that do Top speed runs with Fg's down here use the 257wt on there TS reed/ ONB set up
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 am

Miami Vice FG wrote:
The people that do Top speed runs with Fg's down here use the 257wt on there TS reed/ ONB set up

I have used them on almost all the motors on my FG's, TS motors, ESP, ONB ect. He said he is getting the BZM and wants the 257 carb, I was refering to him being the first to try it on that motor specifically.
I have been using the 257 carb for 3 years with success.

Miami Vice FG

PostSubject: I was just saying   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 am

That most people run that carb down here Shocked
Back to top Go down
yjblitz

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:40 am

Miami Vice FG wrote:
yjblitz wrote:

first who are you talking about theres plenty claiming to be the fastest ..................and if its Ariel (aka barsero racing) he never tells you what he has and his was done by cp mods and he is the fastest at the park
Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 am

how fast whats the fastest .......times video any thing...
Back to top Go down
Miami Vice FG

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:07 pm

yjblitz wrote:
Miami Vice FG wrote:
yjblitz wrote:

first who are you talking about theres plenty claiming to be the fastest ..................and if its Ariel (aka barsero racing) he never tells you what he has and his was done by cp mods and he is the fastest at the park

I was talking to Octavio from Cp mod the one that ported his motor. He was telling me that he Ariel (aka barsero racing)is the one to beat at the Tropical park. Coming direct from The Engine Builder it's a 29.5cc afro
Back to top Go down
yjblitz

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:23 am

Miami Vice FG wrote:
yjblitz wrote:
Miami Vice FG wrote:
yjblitz wrote:

I was talking to Octavio from Cp mod the one that ported his motor. He was telling me that he Ariel (aka barsero racing)is the one to beat at the Tropical park. Coming direct from The Engine Builder it's a 29.5cc afro

he (Ariel) told me it was a 30.5 but he has told others in front of me that its a 27.5, 26, 23cc motor .......... but I never felt the need to go talk to Octavio or anyone else for that matter to find out what he has................so I go by what the man told me he has ............ but thanks for going out of your way to find out exactly what he has cheers
Back to top Go down
Miami Vice FG

PostSubject: I was told   Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:07 am

yjblitz wrote:
Miami Vice FG wrote:
yjblitz wrote:
Miami Vice FG wrote:
yjblitz wrote:

he (Ariel) told me it was a 30.5 but he has told others in front of me that its a 27.5, 26, 23cc motor .......... but I never felt the need to go talk to Octavio or anyone else for that matter to find out what he has................so I go by what the man told me he has ............ but thanks for going out of your way to find out exactly what he has cheers

I just ask Octavio Who Is the fastest out there at tropical park, Because he was telling me to pass by that park with my FG . So I just ask Who's the fastest out there. So he did. I really don't care what motor he is running I was just saying to inform people that really care lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got an fg and could use some help   

Back to top Go down

got an fg and could use some help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RCBO Racing  :: 1/5 Scale Forum :: FG Modelsport-
Jump to: