RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 pm

want to buy some hostile hubs and i just wanted an opinion on whats best rear toe in for drag racing...
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:14 pm

1's with 0 you will not be able to keep it straight on a long track like ours at a high rate of speed.

weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:49 pm

NYCDragRacer wrote:
1's with 0 you will not be able to keep it straight on a long track like ours at a high rate of speed.

what do the fg's run??? i forgot if it even was adjustable on the fg...
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Yes, the FG is adjustable via the turn buckle style they used, I only ran with a slight toe in/toe out , I never took a measurement to find the exact degree that worked best for me, but for drag racing it does not need to be so technically advanced where you need to adjust it on the dime.

weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:01 pm

NYCDragRacer wrote:
Yes, the FG is adjustable via the turn buckle style they used, I only ran with a slight toe in/toe out , I never took a measurement to find the exact degree that worked best for me, but for drag racing it does not need to be so technically advanced where you need to adjust it on the dime.

thats right i totally forgot i went for the 2 degree hostile hub btw they dont make a 1 degree
Back to top Go down
FERRIS MILLER
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:57 pm

what you mean by 1'swith 0
Back to top Go down
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:54 pm

FERRIS MILLER wrote:
what you mean by 1'swith 0

HE MEANT HUBS WITH 0 DEGREE TOE
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:15 am

Zero degree toe in/out hurts forward bite and high speed stability. I personally use 2's and have messed around with 0 degree. Both worked for me but off the line you get more wheel spin with zero.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Sat May 07, 2011 11:54 pm

thats because the tires are not fitting them each other tires are going in the same direction more power to in tires fight each other...
Back to top Go down
Underdog
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Mon May 09, 2011 8:16 am

How well do staright axles work compared to cars with rear toe in adjustment?
Planning out a winter drag car project, just hunting for info.
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   Mon May 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Underdog wrote:
How well do staright axles work compared to cars with rear toe in adjustment?
Planning out a winter drag car project, just hunting for info.

I have tried zero degree hubs on my drag car and it was hard to drive straight in addition to the wheelspin. For my driving habits it was not good!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???   

Back to top Go down

what degree hubs for drag racing on a 5b???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1