RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

traction on launch for a 5b

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yjblitz

PostSubject: traction on launch for a 5b   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:29 pm

if any one could give me a heads up on some things I could do to better the launch of my baja I have hostial slicks med front and rear ,stock susp setup
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: traction on launch for a 5b   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Ditch the hostile slicks. They do not hook up real well. Get the tarmac busters

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: traction on launch for a 5b   Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:12 am

logon69 wrote:
Ditch the hostile slicks. They do not hook up real well. Get the tarmac busters

logon is right the hostile slicks are not that great for unprepped surfaces tarmacs are way better or try some brp tires.

stiffen up the suspension and lower the ride hieght
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: traction on launch for a 5b   Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:17 am

Hostile slick are Good for what they are but they are geared towards the basher. A slick should not last that long.
The Hostile slicks will never TACK up when you do a burnout. The "Sticky" is the important thing in drag racing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
yjblitz

PostSubject: Re: traction on launch for a 5b   Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 pm

ok lower the ride any tips and the stiffer susp. how do I go about doing that , what wt oils do I put in the shocks light wt in the front and heavy in the rear...... so they act like 90/10 and 70/30 in a 1/1 car .......... any base lines where I can start at
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: traction on launch for a 5b   Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:15 am

Blue HPI spring are the hardest you can buy. Im not sure if the DDM ones are as hard or harder but they are stiffer than sock. I run 3 holes in the rear shocks with 1k silicone oil. I run the 3 hole with 2K oil up front. Keps the rear end from squating on the launch.

I have no idea what 70/30 and 90/10 shocks are.

Back to top Go down
estrellainc
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: traction on launch for a 5b   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:12 pm

to get 70/30's or other ratio's u need custom valving for ur shocks.

theres a few of em out there that make em, but its really an old school trick from the 1/10 scale cars.

Back to top Go down
http://www.carlitoswaybailbonding.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: traction on launch for a 5b   

Back to top Go down

traction on launch for a 5b
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1