RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

what compound slicks is everyone running??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:46 pm

M1 OR S1
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:54 pm

I use the M1's, the difference is you will need to heat up the M1's a bit more then the S1's, as the weather gets colder and colder, s1's are the way to go.
But like anything else, we normally dont run races in weather below 50+ degrees.

MarderMan
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:56 pm

I run S1's all the way around.
Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:13 am

M1
Back to top Go down
spank145
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 am

levi133 wrote:
M1
i got some s1 comin nick
Back to top Go down
trojan 1

PostSubject: wheels exploding   Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:49 pm

As i'm pretty new to this hi speed racing, whats the deal with having to put glue in the foams, and what sort of glue?

have any of you guys had blow outs at high speed?
Back to top Go down
MarderMan
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:01 pm

S1's are the best compound for for the warm weather like the spring/summer because you don't have to smoke them to get them hot. P.S the only way to get S1's is you have to get them from the UK because no one over here sells the S1's only M1's.

Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 am

where can u buy the slicks unmounted?are the uk dealers can be trusted?any problems ordering or getting the product?
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:35 am

the softer the better but att he cost of tire life

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:50 am

Yup, you hit the nail on the head there Stevey!

modojojo
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 am

I'm running M1's, anybody try drag racing with the smaller onroad tires? I saw a few pics of forum members FG's with them. they have less rotating mass and should spool up quicker, they also come In different compounds and they cost alot less.
Back to top Go down
MarderMan
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:51 pm

logon69 wrote:
Not really, because if you have M1's and I have S1's you have to really smoke those tires to get them hot, while someone with S1's tires don't have to do all of that because of the compound being softer. You have to also look at, that we are not doing onroad racing where the tires are going threw 30 minute mains and Qual. so a set of S1's will last you as long as M1's and hook up better because you don't have to burn all the rubber of just to get them as hot as S1's bounce

Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:39 am

what about soft hostile slicks?
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 pm

The drawback to hostile slicks are the weight. They do work well and provide traction

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:25 pm

BKNate wrote:
logon69 wrote:
Not really, because if you have M1's and I have S1's you have to really smoke those tires to get them hot, while someone with S1's tires don't have to do all of that because of the compound being softer. You have to also look at, that we are not doing onroad racing where the tires are going threw 30 minute mains and Qual. so a set of S1's will last you as long as M1's and hook up better because you don't have to burn all the rubber of just to get them as hot as S1's bounce

Agreed but you still do a burnout to get the heat in the tire anyway. No experience with the FG slicks but my theory held up true with the Hostile slicks on my HPI but the tired did last all season and I still have some meat on them

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what compound slicks is everyone running??   

Back to top Go down

what compound slicks is everyone running??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RCBO Racing  :: 1/5 Scale Forum :: FG Modelsport-
Jump to: