RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trojan 1

PostSubject: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:37 pm

For the love ne money i cant work out why this bolt has to hold the drive pin? as the pin is concealed in the gear and there in no way of any movement or displacement of the pin..

i might be wrong but if any one can shed any sense on this, i will stop scratching my head ( no i dont have nits )
Back to top Go down
modojojo
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:28 pm

No clue on that one trojan.
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 am

Where is this drive pin exactly? In the tranny?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:27 am

Are you talking about the brake hub?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
trojan 1

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Not the brake hub, other end of layshaft were the pin goes through and a gear slides down the layshaft over the pin ( in the gearbox)
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]g.com/u/f69/14/79/

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 pm

trojan 1 wrote:
Not the brake hub, other end of layshaft were the pin goes through and a gear slides down the layshaft over the pin ( in the gearbox)

To be honest I have run my trannys without that hold down bolt since the day I assembled them!
My kit shorted me one and I didnt understand why I needed it anyway!
I have never blew up my tranny because of it either. I just rebuilt mine because it was 2 years old and it was time to do. Looking at everything tht was in there the only thing that needed to be replaces was the Diff oil and the bearings

Back to top Go down
trojan 1

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:12 pm

only thing i can think off , is that its there to take the play out the pin and prevent wear?

but i had no play anyway, so it don't make to much sense to me..
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 pm

I dont like it. If that screw backs out and gets loose then you will have a catastraphic failure of the diff. So Im not gonna change it. It aint proke and as i said b5 I have not had an issue for over two years now!
I Dont need it. It is holding up to an ESP 30.5. So we be good

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?   

Back to top Go down

why has the layshaft on a baja have a m4 bolt holding the pin?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1