RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nitroheadjones

PostSubject: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It does work I need to refind a few things .
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:38 am

does mcd comes in 2 speed option or not?nice work! what parts did u use?
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:49 am

Oh man a new gear head!
Looks like some know what they are doing!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
nitroheadjones

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:30 am

No badboy2 MCD does not have a 2 speed option for sale to the public right now. This is a pawl type tranny made from spare parts I had . The plastic gears are going to be replaced with metal gears because the plastic gears melt and I am going to have to get the shafts heat treated. I also need a stronger spring for the tranny so it shift a little bit later.
Back to top Go down
nitroheadjones

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:51 pm

The RC Gremlin keeps messing with me !!! Once I solve one problem another one pops up!! I keep losing my retaining screw on the end of the shaft. Going to try some red locktite and put a snap ring on the shaft too to keep the 2nd speed hub on . The 2 speed really helps my MCD accelerate which is why I am not giving up and continue to try and work out the problems.
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:11 am

Good work brother! Keep up the good work. W
here did you find a stronger spring fto let second gear engage later?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
nitroheadjones

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:09 pm

I drilled a small hole in the tip of the pawl, by lightening up the pawl it takes more rpms for it to compress the spring and engage the pin.
Back to top Go down
nitroheadjones

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 pm

I also think I had too much of a tooth spread between 1st and 2nd gear , I had a 9 tooth spread. 1st gear was 8-1 appox and 2nd gear was 3.9. The motor did not bog down but on one test the pawl ripped out the pin and destroyed the 2nd speed hub!! I went with a bigger stronger 2nd speed hub but now the retaining screw won't stay in soooooooooo I am going to use a snap ring and a retaining screw to keep the assembly on. The 2 speed really helps the heavy weight MCD come out of the hole with some speed and when it hits second gear ( when it does not blow up ) it is gone!!
Back to top Go down
nitroheadjones

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 am

UPdate after many attemps and getting tired of waiting for a manufactor to make a 2 speed tranny for a MCD I believe I have finally succeed in adapting a 2 speed to the MCD. By accident I discovered that a FG 2 speed would drop right in with some minor alterations.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.   

Back to top Go down

Got boared this winter with my MCD so for a winter project I designed a 2 speed tranny.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1