RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

shock oil weight??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: shock oil weight??   Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:36 am

since my truck have 8 shox im thinkin of running 4 shocks only on my truck..whats a good shock oil wt?i tried 60wt but then i popped the shock cap..i was pushing the shock shaft too hard and it popped.so i broke one shock cap already without even running hehehe..so now im really just gonna have 4 shox on the truck and 3 spare shox hehe.
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: shock oil weight??   Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:42 pm

If you do that then you will need to increast the strength of the springs. You need to find stiffer springs to do that if you had the stock springs on there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: shock oil weight??   Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 pm

steve when i filled the shocks with oil,the shaft wont go in so i took some out but then the shaft would just go in and it wont even go out anymore.is it suppose to be like that?unlike the other trucks the shaft will go in and out when u compress it?u kno what i mean?
Back to top Go down
MarderMan
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: shock oil weight??   Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Badboy2 the reason the shock shaft isn't going in when you fill it up with oil and put the top back on, is because you have to bleed the shock by pushing the shaft up and down with out the top on to release the air bubbles out of the silicone before you can put the top back on. P.S don't fill the shock all the way to the top neither, only fill it 4mm from the top of the shock shaft.

Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: shock oil weight??   Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:25 pm

nate i was doin that take the bubbles out..maybe i didnt do enough..
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: shock oil weight??   Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:16 am

anyone knows part# for stiffer springs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shock oil weight??   

Back to top Go down

shock oil weight??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum