RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

HPI Baja 2 speed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

HPI 2 speed gearing options
17/57 + 21/53
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
18/56 + 22/52
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
19/55 + 23/51
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
18/56 + 24/50
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
something else
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Dominick999

PostSubject: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Well Im sure by now, most of our members know we have something brewing.
My question is for the HPI guys, if you had a 2 speed, what gear ratios would you prefer?
If your choice is something else other then what I listed in the poll, please post your idea ratio below for us to consider.

Thanks

badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:31 pm

is there any of those that has a good pull for the 1st few feet then all speed when u hit 2nd gear?is that good or dont make sense?
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:36 pm

makes perfect sense, but it would matter how your baja is set up.
If you have a motor that has alot of bottom end, you may want something with bigger gears for 1st like 19/55's if your motor is more of a mid range top end motor, you may want something with a smaller gear like 18/56 for example.

This poll is not set, its just for what people are looking for, some people may want a 2 speed with 20/54 1st gear.

At this point, we can fab any gear ratio at all, so it would be just based on preference.

logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 pm

A 6 tooth swing between the 18/56 and 24/50 may be too large of a gap the engines revs will drop real low I would think. Espically witht he larger HPI tires. The for go I like the 18/56 w/ 22/52 and for killer speed go with 19/55 and 20/54 would be better but there is only one way to know. Try em all! Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:49 pm

ill go with the 19\55 and 20\54..pete maybe u can post this on other baja forums too?

i just noticed theres no 19\55-20\54 hehehe ..i go with the 19\55 & 21\53 then.

Last edited by badboy2 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:51 pm

I dont think so, my 2 speed has a 7 tooth difference, Ive been running it like that since last year.

But again, these ratios are not set in stone, we wont know till we start testing in a couple weeks.

logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

My logic is the added weight and added gearing that comes with the HPI baja over the FG.

I do not know the final drive of the HPI off the top of my head.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Last edited by logon69 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

well the test pilot will test them all hehhe..steve lmk when u do test runs so ill see ..and do it on sundays please.
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Ill tell you what Bad, your welcome to post something up, but as one of the administrators on RCBO, other forums frown upon self advertisements.
Members of RCBO or anyother forum can however post up anything they like without the worry of getting banned.
It's just one of those things, thats another reason why RCBO stands out from the rest, members can post, say anything they like without the fear of being treated like a step child.

logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:54 pm

lol IDK bout that buddy we are going to area 51........location is unknown to me too.

Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

blind fold me and take my cell phone when we go so i cant call freakin chloe to triangulate our location!hehhe
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 pm

no jack Bauer shit. Chloey cant keep up this season. She is somehow dumb now or somethng

Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:07 pm

HEHEHE!!! shes just under pressure..give her time..
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:11 pm

FBFKilla wrote:
Ill tell you what Bad, your welcome to post something up, but as one of the administrators on RCBO, other forums frown upon self advertisements.
Members of RCBO or anyother forum can however post up anything they like without the worry of getting banned.
It's just one of those things, thats another reason why RCBO stands out from the rest, members can post, say anything they like without the fear of being treated like a step child.

no pix of the hpi yet right?i kno u also posted this in rcu..so some may have seen it already..
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:19 pm

me think there was

Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:47 pm

i thought so too..with the fg 3 speed but maybe im just confused hehe.
Back to top Go down
TMRperformance

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:02 pm

i know the tooth jump in ratios works for the fg's but i think the bajas with their weight may like a closer ratio. that seems to be baja skunkworks problem, they shift to 2nd and it falls on its face. it be more comfortable with a close ratio gear set.
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:04 pm

I totally understand what your saying and I would agree to an extent, all depends on the setup ( motor/wheels) combo ect. ect.
But without testing we wont know anyway, so we hope to have a unit here to test very soon.

Also, I think BSW has more complex problems then the difference of ratios being to great.
Anyway, we should have a working model very soon and we will also have a bunch of different ratios to play with, I personally would like to see what works best with a stock setup vs a modified set up (gearwise)

Thanks

logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Pete do you have a stock CY 26 with a black can?

Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 pm

No I dont, I have stock cans but no motors.

logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:15 pm

lol I have an old cy 26 top end. All that I need is a bottom end and a new piston ring

Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:45 am

i got stock engines Wink to test that shiznit hehe !!!
Back to top Go down
modojojo
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:47 am

FBFKilla wrote:
If you have a motor that has alot of bottom end, you may want something with bigger gears for 1st like 19/55's if your motor is more of a mid range top end motor, you may want something with a smaller gear like 18/56 for example.

This poll is not set, its just for what people are looking for, some people may want a 2 speed with 20/54 1st gear.

At this point, we can fab any gear ratio at all, so it would be just based on preference.

Yeah, also the pipe your running makes a big difference. I'm trashing my jetpro pipe for the baja. When It gets on the pipe It's fast as hell, but It's real lazy on the bottom end. It almost seems like I already have a two speed.
pete check your PM.
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:17 pm

i used rear dom on my 26cc 5t and gbe sb on my 30.5 ..man im gonna need more space when i get this 2 speed!!area51 here i come!!!
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 pm

modojojo wrote:
FBFKilla wrote:

Yeah, also the pipe your running makes a big difference. I'm trashing my jetpro pipe for the baja. When It gets on the pipe It's fast as hell, but It's real lazy on the bottom end. It almost seems like I already have a two speed.
pete check your PM.

Someone has a JP3 huh?
Youy need a good low end motor with that pipe!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HPI Baja 2 speed   

Back to top Go down

HPI Baja 2 speed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next