RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

HPI BAJA VS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: HPI BAJA VS   Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Hey I need imput from the guys that will be racing hpi this year.
Is it fair for a 4wd buggy or car to race against u as long as its a
single speed i know what i would say but lets here from u ..
Back to top Go down
prostock

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 pm

levi133,

I thought that 4x4 was going to be it's own class in 2010?

Is there not enough guy's running 4x4's to make it, it's own class?
Back to top Go down
estrellainc
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:12 pm

i am in strong support of a SUPER CLASS. Here you run what you brung, and its no limit to drivetrain grit toothed racing.

the other "classes" and race day "CHAMPIONS" should be made according to time. not drivetrain.
(in seconds...)
3.99 or less or AAA OPEN CLASS
4.51 - 4.0 or OPEN AA Class
4.99 - 4.5 OPEN A Class
5.99 - 5 seconds B Class
6.99 - 6 seconds C Class
7+ seconds Bracket Racing BRACKET RACING ONLY.

down south, the CC drag races are come one, come all.

on my block, i only race "SUPER CLASS." Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.carlitoswaybailbonding.com
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Not that I know of but the classes will be announced soon I personally want to race the 4wd cars against the hpi single speed vs single speed.

Last edited by levi133 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 pm

yea i think just match them single speed vs a single speed ...dont matter 2wd or 4wd.unless the 4wd guys dont wanna run againts 2wd or vice versa..
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Not sure if this is a fair matchup but I am down for the challenge

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 am

this is the answer i was looking 4 logon explain ya answer
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:52 am

I have never seen a 4x4 FG Run so I have nothing to compare it too. Lets take mine and Eli's 5b. He was running close to or exactly 5 seconds at areound 60 mph. My 5B ran around 5.2 - 5.3 at 58mph

What do the 4x4 do in 330 feet? I dont know

So I am going to use that as the standard.

How much faster/slower are the 4x4's?

The point of RCBO is to level the playing fiels and mixing up drive train layouts may take away from that. Personally all that I want when I pull up to the line is to have a chance to win. I do not need to have the fastest title (it would be nice) but I know that is not realistic.

I would imagine a single speed FG versus a HPI Baja would be a fair race
BUT
Whatever it takes to keep it fair and minimize the bullshit is the what I vote for!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Listen if I didn't think it would be a fair race I wouldn't ask what u think but It kinda seems that u are scared a lil bit but ok
This is my thery 4wd cars are very heavy and the have to pull 3 diffs ,and 6 axels with the exeption of the fg belt driven
Now 4wd is only a advantage on the line after that its all dead weight.
Now 90% of the pepole that have them set them up like a 2wd car single speed vs single speed
4wd will get u off the line but think the 2wd will pull out on top if I'm not drivin.

Last edited by levi133 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarderMan
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 pm

levi133 wrote:
Listen if I didn't think it would be a fair race I wouldn't ask what u think but It kinda seems that u are scared a lil bit but ok
This is my thery 4wd cars are very heavy and the have to pull 3 diffs ,and 6 axels with the exeption of the fg belt driven
Now 4wd is only a advantage on the line after that its all dead weight.
Now 90% of the pepole that have them set them up like a 2wd car single speed vs single speed
4wd will get u off the line but think the 2wd will pull out on top if I'm not drivin.

You must of misconstrued Facts for Fear. I dont give a SHIT what pulls up to the line next to me. I give 100% of what the car has at every run. If it is not enough then So be it.

Maybe I was just trying to learn something new. I have no idea what 4x4 run and I still dont because you HAVENT answered my question.

Basketball I was just trying to have an intelligent conversation. Guess that is not possible Basketball

Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:50 pm

WOW such hostility! baja guys always are on edge.
listen no won know what thease 4wd cars are gana do partly because
any one of them that went down the track we didnt care 2 remember the times they put down, Heck i wouldnt have remeberd ya time if u didnt post it ....
I was just qurious if the baja guys would be interested in running the 4wd cars thats it !

AND Hey as far as facts go only facts i see u writing is that ya baja ONLY
RUNS 5.3-at 58mphand that u wont have the fastest title
so ill just take that as u dont mind racing the 4wds
as long as they are not running 5.2 @ 60 ok kool What a Face
Back to top Go down
CC Racing Engines
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:29 am

Guys,
I would think it would be OK if it was a single speed and it met the minimum weight of the Baja class which is 20lbs.

CC
Back to top Go down
http://www.cc-racingengines.com
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:35 am

levi133 wrote:
WOW such hostility! baja guys always are on edge.
listen no won know what thease 4wd cars are gana do partly because
any one of them that went down the track we didnt care 2 remember the times they put down, Heck i wouldnt have remeberd ya time if u didnt post it ....
I was just qurious if the baja guys would be interested in running the 4wd cars thats it !

AND Hey as far as facts go only facts i see u writing is that ya baja ONLY
RUNS 5.3-at 58mphand that u wont have the fastest title
so ill just take that as u dont mind racing the 4wds
as long as they are not running 5.2 @ 60 ok kool What a Face

I know and I do not plan on having the fastest title with my baja. If you remember correctly my HPI is COMPLETELY set up for off road and is in no way set up for drag racing. I have numerous basher parts on it and had no regard for the weight and it still ran a 5.3. So for what I do with my HPI it is danmd fast...in fact sometimes too fast for off road as I usually wind up breaking something I go and bash with it.

Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 am

C LOOK CC aint scared u need to have that aditude when the seasone comes around...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HPI BAJA VS   

Back to top Go down

HPI BAJA VS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1