RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

hydro brakes???

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: hydro brakes???   Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:04 am

how much better are hydros vs. cable brakes ??
what are the pros and cons???
Back to top Go down
MarderMan
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 pm

scratch My personal experience with both are that one has cables that alot of people don't like adjusting because they stretch after time and sometimes break (vs) The Hydro brakes that have that realistic look to them and once they are set that is pretty much it other than bleeding them again if you get alittle air in the line Neutral

Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:35 pm

how about the layshaft hydro brake ????has anyone ever used this???
Back to top Go down
MarderMan
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:45 pm

I know someone who has bought it but hasn't use it as of yet.

Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:50 pm

BKNate wrote:
I know someone who has bought it but hasn't use it as of yet.

looks like that would be the one to buy ....less parts and easy set up ...if it does work
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:20 pm

The layshaft Hydraulic brakes was what I was thinking about too

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 am

i just bought a pair of hydros for the car they have to be alot better that the cables so i decided to layout the cash for them
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:00 am

Keep in mind, the hydro brake set is heavier then the cable set, this would only matter if your concerned about keeping weight off if your drag racing...If thats the case, besides the looks, theres no need for them.

As for the shaft hydro brake, I think it looks cool too, but the first thing I do to my drag car is remove anything and everything except the gears off my shaft, this keeps the rotating mass limited.

Again, if your not drag racing or interested in getting the most out of your car to do so, then there great, go hydro!

weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am

FBFKilla wrote:
Keep in mind, the hydro brake set is heavier then the cable set, this would only matter if your concerned about keeping weight off if your drag racing...If thats the case, besides the looks, theres no need for them.

As for the shaft hydro brake, I think it looks cool too, but the first thing I do to my drag car is remove anything and everything except the gears off my shaft, this keeps the rotating mass limited.

Again, if your not drag racing or interested in getting the most out of your car to do so, then there great, go hydro!

i had the extra weight in mind when i was debating on getting them but they look so hot i said fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 pm

I feel your pain!! cheers

Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 pm

I have pesonaly seen the layshaft brake dont think u will be swaping motors
out if some thing happens because u wont that peice is conected 2 the motor
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 pm

What piece? The master cylinder?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

logon69 wrote:
What piece? The master cylinder?
hes taking about the bracket that holds the caliper..
but i dont have any idea of why you cant swap motors
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 pm

because during racing season u have about 30min between rounds and there is 2 much directly conected 2 the motor for u to swap it out
my motor comes out in 3min ask pete about breaking a car down 2 the bare chassis u must know how to work on your car if u racing with us beacuse if u cant affraid
Back to top Go down
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:08 pm

levi133 wrote:
because during racing season u have about 30min between rounds and there is 2 much directly conected 2 the motor for u to swap it out
my motor comes out in 3min ask pete about breaking a car down 2 the bare chassis u must know how to work on your car if u racing with us beacuse if u cant affraid

are you serious?????you are undermining the mans capabilities..if you cant swap a motor out in less than 30 min regardless of whats connected to the chassis then your just slow...if it was a hpi 5b then id understand but an FG ...come on.
Back to top Go down
Levi133
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah what ever u will see how time flys when ya time is up and u are not done don't think u will get a second from the officals.
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:08 pm

levi133 wrote:
Yeah what ever u will see how time flys when ya time is up and u are not done don't think u will get a second from the officals.

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:26 pm

is the stock brake really that bad u have to replace it with these kind of brakes?
Back to top Go down
weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:30 pm

badboy2 wrote:
is the stock brake really that bad u have to replace it with these kind of brakes?

yeah its pretty horrible
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:34 pm

It is WAY WORSE than the HPI Baja brakes. At least they work

Last edited by logon69 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Bad, the stock brake is ok for a stock car set up.
Once you start adding things to increase its power or speed, the shaft brake does nothing.

As far as breaking down a chassis or swapping a motor out at the track, weather it be HPI or FG, it's not being done in your house, you dont have that comfortable surroundings to work, I understand what Nicks saying and I agree.
But the more familiar you become with your car, the faster you will be able to break it down and back together again.

I can tell you I can break my car down to the bare chassis, including the diff mounts and diff and have it reassembled in 30 minutes at the track....at my house, maybe 20 minutes if I have to.
This will all come with time, but adding things that are not needed will only take you back a few steps.

I think the rear shaft brake upgrade is nice, but not for what I do, it's not needed and I dont want it, same goes for front hydro's, if your on a touring car track, then YES, hydros are the way to go, drag racing in a straight line? it's a waste of hard earned money that could go towards something to make you go faster, not slower..

The tuning cables are a much better choice for me, for what I do.

weeman
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 pm

hydros are so pretty though...lol
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Listen, this year will be very different from the past season at FBF.
Your not just racing for bragging rights, there will be prizes, cars, motors, parts and even money awards.

So I can careless about looks, at the end of the day, the fastest car for that week takes the prize, not the best looking..

badboy2
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:48 pm

so if your drag racing youd rather have the cable brakes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hydro brakes???   

Back to top Go down

hydro brakes???
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RCBO Racing  :: 1/5 Scale Forum :: FG Modelsport-
Jump to: