RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

55 chevy Wram show 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: 55 chevy Wram show 2013   Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm

ok fellows , heres my chevy... I will post some Fabrication pics in projects in progress for some of you....Not all secrets will be given away thou....lol Anyways.... the project was made from a sheet of aluminum. 3/16 by 3 foot by 5 foot.... all trim was cut, bent and fabricated from that sheet... I have been working with metal all my life and this project was fairly simple for me....the bumpers are pieces cut to size then tig welded up and sanded with a tiger paw with a grinder.... THERE IS NO ALUMINUM FOIL STUCK ON THIS CAR....LOL...Where do they come up with these ideals....chessy.

tools used....Tig machine....grinder.....drill press.....dremel.....sand paper .....lots and lots of fiberglass on the inside and bondo on the outside. the car had to be grinded out to except the trim, molding and bumpers.... every piece was hand crafted by me in house....i hate having to buy something off the shelf....windows can be removed to accomadate clear glass

A mold will be made off of this. the metal(aluminum) trim is screwed on with 1.6 mm machine head screws and nuts so it is easy to remove. they were drilled and counter sunk flush... the convertible is being done now

full interior , trunk, wheel walls and engine compartment will be in this car by the next wram show...And of course my engine on a engine.. trunk , hood and doors will operate along with all the proper lighting...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

imagination Feeds Creativity
Dominick

Back to top Go down
George Lane
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 55 chevy Wram show 2013   Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 pm

That is one fantastic build, can't wait for the documentation on the "engine on engine" build
Back to top Go down

55 chevy Wram show 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1