RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VEEXTMGRIZZLEY1977

PostSubject: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 am

I WANT A FG 2 SPEED BAD! BUT CANT BUY NEW TOO MUCH £££.
SO ITS SECOND HAND EBAY TIME.

SO I WOULD BE VERY VERY GREATFULL IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME HOW TO SPOT A FG ORIGINAL TRANS FROM A CRAPPY CLONE TRANS.
AS THE LAST THING I WANT IS TO BUY A SHITTY CLONE.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO AS THERES A FEW OF US WAITING ON THIS INFOMATION.
Back to top Go down
George Lane
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 am

What is the approx. final gear ratio used to run 330' (engine revolutions to wheel revolutions) on a 1/5 scale rail with a 6" diameter rear tire??
Thanks
Back to top Go down
gas2go
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 am

There are many copy two speed trannys on the market from other countries when your looking on ebay ask where is it from private seller. You can contact fg Supply. Hard to tell from pictures I look at the layshaft normally dark in color not silver that color is not hardened steel separate cuts for each part. On shaft not single straight cut all the way on shaft shifter paw on pin if your looking at a good picture looks like a bubble tip and unit looks thick. Hopefully this helps remember ask the seller if he cannot give a history such as where start with how much did you pay for it FG is 260 to 190. Those you see 149 white background picture stay back 200ft is fake no good. I Made that mistake. Also fg slicks s1 on tire black ring on rear GOOD LUCK ITS THERE I GOT ONE 75 BUCKS ON EBAY
Back to top Go down
VEEXTMGRIZZLEY1977

PostSubject: Re: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 am

thanks gas2go ('Very Happy') thats a big help and should help me get a fg 2 speed & not a dog turd.
Back to top Go down
gas2go
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 am

Yea the copies on layshaft snap off and spring. Is garbage
Back to top Go down
U-WOT

PostSubject: Re: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 pm

gas2go does this look like a fg original 2 speed.
Back to top Go down
U-WOT

PostSubject: Re: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

not the best picturre but what you think.
.?

Last edited by U-WOT on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gas2go
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Looks ok sent pm to you my number
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS   

Back to top Go down

HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE' FG 2 SPEED & CLONE 2 SPEED TRANS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1