RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Drag gone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drag1

PostSubject: Drag gone!   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:45 pm

almost completed my dragster beast, to honor for all those vets that have fallen, the valve covers and blower are only scale parts not working but it looks cool headers are real mostly stainless and and all tube frame, still doing some scale parts copied mostly from the pros pictures and made up parts, ideas from other military vets and just for show and local runs, soon for test flight and cant wait to louden up the pipes!!! I will be using a 50cc engine later this one is only 26cc for test. afro cheers
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 am

Nice pic on your avatar of the motor....Retired United States Navy here...Heres a pic of my fully functional Zenoah Motor

enjoy

Imagination Feeds Creativty

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
drag1

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:06 am

man I love your engine AWESOME!!! the best I seen so scale and real US seabees here the 80s keep in touch take care bro
Back to top Go down
drag1

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:17 am

if possible lets get in touch more I may need your help on making metal valve covers and a blower some ideas from you I love your engine thats badass!! I just doing a moc up dragster then soon to rebuild a good one so I am trying different engines and pipes for loudness , Im not a racer and I am about 6ft 8 inch in lenght have some proper slicks on order
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 am

No problem. Can't Waite too see picks of your dragster..

Dominick
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:06 pm

The engine cover is gaining popularity for some in Europe and here in the states. It was a big hit at the Wram show last year...Folks could not believe how real it looks and it sounds awesome...There are a few however that critizied it with extreme prejudice over on QSL. They had a ball with it knowing there would be no opposition to there little comments...Any ways....I'm pretty sure theirs not to many like it.... It runs awesome and has no problem cooling itself....Besides, how long does a scale 1/4 mile take anyways. Lol. The pull starter is coming off and the blower belt pulleys will be installed and you will either start it with a drill motor or electric start. The ultimate motor is a Conley motor of course. I can't justify All that money for that motor ( LET ) lol. Soo here was my answer to a little realism in our models. Some models out there are built great but the motor doesn't fit in them completely. Hiding the SPArK PLUG was my main concern on this whole build. I think I did it...those parts where all hand made and are now being machined with some more detail and realism..

I hope others will pick this ball up and run with it. As always, I share my ideals and encourage others to step outside the box a little to see what you will see. There are much more talented people out there then me with unlimited means to make this stuff happen. I will throw the ball out there for someone to pick it up.....Hell, let's say it has a long term cooling problem, but it don't........it's a awesome 1/4 scale track racer and shelf queen and the cover removes in less then 2 minutes. Lol

Imagination feeds Creativity
Feed it 1/4 scale

Dominick

DRAG1 My number is 518-588-1563 laters

Back to top Go down
drag1

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Dominick your funny car layout is the best I seen, Im on a budget still but I like to get help on getting a engine like yours when you have time, how much did you do the work I will contact you on monday MAN! I love your motor I want one now, I used that cheap plastic 1/6 scale to cover that dam spark plug and used the covers to hide my zenoah I went over borad on power with the headers custom job soon to be tested in few weeks on video should be louder then most, I cant seen to find the right size slicks that look scale once I dial it in then I will do military mermorial paint to all units, and companys I did my 1/6 scale ducati bike as a drag bike also wheelie bar eveything even WW2 chute thanks brotha we will get and keep in touch
Back to top Go down
drag1

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:56 pm

I need a motor like yours
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:42 pm

No problems brother. On the spark plug note. There are afew models out there that look great till they dare put the spark plug in the motor and.....opps. Looks like smack. Shelf Queens for sure. Blahahaha.... It took a lot of trial and error to get this one right. It's a shame that some models fall short with this problem. That Damn spark plug sticking right out of the top of the hood....To funny. Back to the drawing board I guess .....It's amazing that my whole motivation for building that motor was to hide the spark plug....that's it .. Just trying to bring these cars to the next level. Working on some Top fuel dragster headers. Scaled down the tubes are at least 1/2 inch in Diameter... Freakin huge. Also figuring out some type of sparking device like a taser to ignite fuel coming out of the headers to blow some flames....woohooooo . I Know that's a stretch but man what a site that would be right,,,,,,

Imagination Feeds Creativity
So Feed it 1/4 Scale
Dominick

Dominick
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drag gone!   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Here are some pics of the build and some examples of photos I downloaded from the internet for placement in helping me scale down things. I have so many but here is a few...The other BIG thing I wanted to be a big part of the focal point on this engine was the HEADERS. The ones out there were just not cutting it...It was a Engineering Marvel....lol...But I love them...Anything less would not work for me....As for Performance I dont know how they perform compared to the ones with expansion chambers but Im liking the way they look. :-) As you can see there is so much room for details and inprovment on this car . Foam and leather for the seats...etc...etc..and so on...

Imagination Feeds Creativity
So, Feed It 1/4 Scale
Dominick