RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

got the fg ,just need alittle advise

Go down 
AuthorMessage
U-WOT

PostSubject: got the fg ,just need alittle advise   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi guys,
I got fg baja which was origonally a marder that i want to use for a little drag racing just messing with friends ,up to now ive used it mostly for just top speed stuff and abit of offroad bashing , im using single gears ( i got 18/46 , 20/44, 22/42, 38/26 i also have a 48 , 45t diff and a 17,18,19t lay. what i want to really know is a 2 speed needed to run at its peak, takeoff, acceleration and topspeed , ive seen a few fg's with single gears hit good speeds/times . atm the gears on it are for acceleration and abit of top speed ( 20/44 17/48) also what sort of clutch are people using ( stock/3shoe/4shoe ) and what rpm clutch springs are used ?
also i have a set of fg onroad shocks are they ok on the rear for launching etc.
where can i get a drag wheelie bar from?

fg baja 9.5kg(still origonal fuel tank,
v1 unsilenced fg marder Jetpro pipe/DDM topend pipe
OBR fullmod 27.2cc LR
SLD FG monster slicks / FG lorry slicks mediums,GRP fg onroad wheels meduims
DDM light flywheel
walbro 990 carb, 15psi spring.
stock fg shocks

thanks inadvance guys

Last edited by U-WOT on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speelling)
Back to top Go down
U-WOT

PostSubject: Re: got the fg ,just need alittle advise   Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 am

nobody??? , come on guys, i thought i could get help here where there is healthy competition and people involved on the strip.
its a shame we dont have the sort on interest and following in this sort of thing, we are still looking for a place that is long enough and smooth.

also to add to the first post, if anybody thinks there are gears that i should have that i havemnt listed, its not a problem, my close friend makes the blackbone steel gears. the tallest spur and pinion i have is 26/38, i see most people stop there on single speeds, anyone using 28/36 or 30 /34 (and keeping the layshaft and diff gears as stock?

thanx

Last edited by U-WOT on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Marvter123
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: got the fg ,just need alittle advise   Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:40 pm

A two speed is the way to go if you are going to race at Floyd Bennett field bring all your gears and see which one works better for you.
Back to top Go down
http://Evoman1976@gmail.com
U-WOT

PostSubject: Re: got the fg ,just need alittle advise   Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Marvter123 wrote:
A two speed is the way to go if you are going to race at Floyd Bennett field bring all your gears and see which one works better for you.
i was thinking , if using 2 speed, surely its always 'on the pipe', if using the right ratios.
fbf would be nice but the air ticket would be too much lol. im from the u.k.

I can see from supers videos that most run the ddm topend pipe or vrc on thefg's, are the jetpro' (v1 unsilenced fg marder version) not used because of itys weak bottom end? with 2 speed the jetpro would be on the pipe constantly, correct me if my thinking is wrong. thanx for the reply

ps, what engines are people running that are hitting below 5 seconds for the 330ft? I know its alot to do with set up but power is needed once hooked up i guess.

thanx man
Back to top Go down
VEEXTMGRIZZLEY1977

PostSubject: Re: got the fg ,just need alittle advise   Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:34 pm

I THINK YOU SHOULD GET A TS REED AND SELL ME YOUR OBR 27.2 FMLR LOL:)
Back to top Go down
Dominick999

PostSubject: Re: got the fg ,just need alittle advise   Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:55 pm

You can never have enough gears ratio's on hand, Lee does make some good stuff.
But even before you decide on the gearing to use, you need to know how long the track will be, the surface of the track, setting the car up blind to these two key factors will just waste more time.

At floyd, big gears don't always help trying to set record ET's, shorter, closer gearing will help adjust the loss in MPH and gain in your ET's on a track like ours.

We run a quarter scale 1/4 mile track (330ft) , you may want to consider running (265ft) which is a 1/5 scale 1/4 mile track, my personal opinion, anything less then 265 seems dull to me.
By the way, welcome to the site.

U-WOT

PostSubject: Re: got the fg ,just need alittle advise   Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm

VEEXTMGRIZZLEY1977 wrote:
I THINK YOU SHOULD GET A TS REED AND SELL ME YOUR OBR 27.2 FMLR LOL:)

if i get the bzm 50 then maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got the fg ,just need alittle advise   

Back to top Go down

got the fg ,just need alittle advise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RCBO Racing  :: 1/5 Scale Forum :: FG Modelsport-
Jump to: