RCBO Racing
Welcome to the RC Burn out Racing Forum.
If you are not already registered, please take the time to join our community, I can promise a great experience in large scale RC.
WITHOUT being REGISTERED or SIGNED in, you are ONLY viewing a small part of the forum..

Thank you & Enjoy your stay.

Large Scale Drag Racing Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Just Purchased this Body..........It will sit with my New Era Corvette Body...Its in the mail soo no worries of backdoor deals to worry about...lol......If it fits on the new Era Corvette Chassis Ill copy the chassis and and tadaaaaaa. Another one in the barn.......Those frames are very simple in design and easy to duplicate Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
dtw

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Great score Dom. Even if it doesn't fit on a corvette frame, it won't take much to make one up that would fit nicely, Body looks to be in good condition.
The only way to buy things these days is to keep it to yourself until "after" the deal is done and the car is on it's way, so you don't get "back-doored" by someone. There seems to be a few deals get done, only to be un-done because someone gets a better offer. I guess integrity and honor aren't what they used to be.
Back to top Go down
logon69
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:40 pm

No, no they are not!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:24 pm

dtw wrote:

Great score Dom. Even if it doesn't fit on a corvette frame, it won't take much to make one up that would fit nicely, Body looks to be in good condition.
The only way to buy things these days is to keep it to yourself until "after" the deal is done and the car is on it's way, so you don't get "back-doored" by someone. There seems to be a few deals get done, only to be un-done because someone gets a better offer. I guess integrity and honor aren't what they used to be.

I hear ya guys.......I havent seen to much of that ( Integrity and Honor ) in a long time in this Hobby....When I first got in this hobby about 7 years ago there was some........Its going done hill more and more.........It seems every one wants to make the all Mighty Buck from fellow enthusiast of the 1/4 scale world...I do understand that it cost money. But the mark-up is crazy......Thats why I build my own.......I would hate to have to be a victim of only being able to buy whats available to build a car.......It would be just like all the other stuff out there

Dominick
Back to top Go down
eightman
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 am

dominick99 wrote:

I hear ya guys.......I havent seen to much of that ( Integrity and Honor ) in a long time in this Hobby....When I first got in this hobby about 7 years ago there was some........Its going done hill more and more.........It seems every one wants to make the all Mighty Buck from fellow enthusiast of the 1/4 scale world...I do understand that it cost money. But the mark-up is crazy......Thats why I build my own.......I would hate to have to be a victim of only being able to buy whats available to build a car.......It would be just like all the other stuff out there

Dominick

hello, hope we will manage to keep passion in this hobby, even if some of us need to make some money (or try not to loose to much) Smile
Stef
Back to top Go down
http://blog.rcbodyshop.fr
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 am

I agree with you Stephane.....lets have some fun.

Imagination Feeds Creativity

Dominick
Back to top Go down
seanh80+
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:24 pm

hi im sean im just started to get into rc drag racing and was womdering if you guys knew of anybody that was trying to sell ans car dont really matter the price but if u would look and let me know it would be greatly appreicated please and thanks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PTModIT

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 pm

There are some Funny cars on Ebay right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/#!/grimbly.guitars
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey Dom .. How difficult would it be to make a fiberglass body off my steel beretta body I'm fabricating? Just wondering how easy it would be to do.. Or even if it could be done.. I dunno!!
Back to top Go down
dominick99
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Close up all the windows and any other opening and spray a few coats of part film on it. Then the rest is history. Some gelcoat and then the fiberglass. But i would make sure its sealed REAL good. Things could go wrong real quick.
Back to top Go down
QSPSB
Forum Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 am

Ahh I see. That sounds like to much work, I don't think there are many wanting a Beretta body anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body   

Back to top Go down

Pontiac Firebird/transAm Body
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1